I love having friends and family over for casual get-togethers. Of course, whenever anyone is coming to the house, I absolutely MUST feed them. Even when it is a potluck party, I still usually make an entree or two and let everyone else bring sides and desserts.
My Italian beef sandwich is always a hit. It is a flavorful slow cooker meal that can be made ahead of time and kept warm in the slow cooker throughout a party (so your guests can eat at their leisure).
If you are looking for a great slow-cooker meal for game day, party day or any day, you absolutely must give this Italian beef sandwich a try.
- 1 beef shoulder roast -- 4-5 lbs, cut in half
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans beef broth (or 1 can beef broth and 1 can beer)*
- 1 cup water*
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix**
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing (powder) mix**
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix**
- Sandwich rolls (cibatta works well)
- In a slow cooker, mix all ingredients except the beef.
- Cut the beef into large pieces and add it to the slow cooker.
- Cook 7-8 hours on low.
- Remove beef and shred.
- Put beef back in the slow cooker and heat through.
- Serve as sandwiches.
What is your game day or party favorite?