My first post on Oy Vey a Day went live on February 3, 2013. That means that I am just one month away from celebrating my blog’s one-year anniversary. It has been a pretty exciting year for me – starting something from scratch and being solely responsible for it’s growth. It has been exhilarating, stressful, confusing, empowering and wonderful.
During the first half of the year, I often wrote about myself and my family. As the blog grew, my focus turned more to recipes, crafts, product reviews and giveaways.
I can’t believe it has been almost one year since I started the blog.
Here are a few of my favorite earlier posts:
- Oh Joy, What a Family (about how my family came to be)
- Simple Questions Don’t Always Have Simple Answers (about the loss of my daughter, Ellie)
- No Running & Jumping, Oy Vey (about my son being diagnosed with Perthes disease)
- Lego Fairy – A Mommy Oops (about one of my “mommy oops” moments)
- Harriett Rhoda Fox, Oy Vey (about picking a baby name)
Now, (drum roll please), here are my top 10 (non-giveaway) posts from 2013 – I hope you enjoy re-reading some or catching up on ones you missed:
- Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Oven-Roasted (Frozen) Corn
- Halloween Craft: Soda Can Bat
- Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn
- Candy Cane Hershey Kiss Holiday Pretzel Treats
- Quinoa and Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- DIY Halloween: No-Sew Pumpkin Halloween Costume (in under 10 minutes for under $10)
- How to Cut Fabric (When You Don’t Have a Cutting Table at Home)
- Money Origami: A Creative Way to Give the Gift of Money
- Thanksgiving Craft: No-Sew Handprint Turkey Chair Cover
Have a safe and happy new year.
I hope you will be part of my growth in 2014. To make sure you don’t miss out on any Oy Vey a Day posts, follow Oy Vey a Day on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and Bloglovin’ and also Like Oy Vey a Day on Facebook.