When I wasn’t able to complete all of the pins in my June Pinterest challenge, I debated whether or not to keep the Pinterest challenge going.
But, then I started thinking about what I learned from the June Pinterest challenge. The most important thing I learned is that Pinterest should be fun.
Who cares if I finished every single pin I wanted to do? The ones I tried turned out great. I really enjoyed the recipes that I tried, and I made some great crafts, too. So, I decided to keep it going, however, I am setting some new ground rules.
- I will be more spontaneous when picking some of the pins that I do. I won’t pick them all out ahead of time. Forcing myself to do certain pins each week just made the whole process feel like work. Isn’t Pinterest supposed to make life easier? Instead, I will pick ones that make the most sense at the time. I will check my fridge and craft supplies to see what I already have before picking a recipe or craft – and, I will check my schedule to make sure I actually have time to do it!
- I will take my time and enjoy the process. There is no rush to finish every craft in one night.
- I will pick pins that represent the real me… not some unrealistic ideal that Pinterest, some TV show, magazine, super-woman mom blogger, etc. has suggested I should be.
For my August Pinterest Challenge, I have pre-selected the following pins:
- Homemade Probiotic Deodorant
- Clean Your Dishwasher with Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Roasted Frozen Corn
- Lemon Herb Feta Salad
Come back soon to find out how it’s going.
What’s your favorite pin?