This is a sponsored post on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
Microsoft Office 365 Provides Flexibility at Home and at Work
According to a recent study conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Microsoft, more than half of office workers (53%) would be willing to work more hours—and one in five would be willing to take a pay cut—to have more flexibility in where and when they got work done.
I am one of those 53%. I chose to leave the traditional 9-5 job because it didn’t offer the work-life balance I needed. However, as a blogger and stay-at-home mom, there is still too much to do, and I struggle to get it done.
When I was given the opportunity to try Office 365, I was thrilled. It gives me the flexibility to get my work done anywhere, whether I’m using my laptop, smartphone or tablet. I can work on blog posts, the family calendar and even my shopping list while waiting at the doctor or swim practice, in the carpool line (while the car is off), even in line at the grocery store. This kind of flexibility allows me to, as they say, have it all: career and family.
Moving to Office 365
Installation was a breeze (as a long-time Office user, I can honestly say that this was the easiest installation I’ve ever experienced). During the installation process, I was even able to enter my cell phone number and have an SMS message containing a link to Office Mobile installation sent to my cell phone. Two clicks, and Office Mobile was installed on my phone.
Once installed, I was immediately able to hit the ground running. When I opened Outlook for the first time, it automatically imported my Outlook 2010 accounts and settings. In addition, every 2010 Word and Excel document I’ve opened has been easily updated to work in Office 365.
The SkyDrive and Office Mobile applications make working across devices a snap. Which is more and more important since I spend less time at my desk these days. I can save my Word, Excel or PowerPoint document to the SkyDrive, and then open it on my smartphone or tablet. I can even share documents so I can collaborate with others.
Office 365 is Helping me Get it Done and Maintain the Peace This Holiday Season
I have already started using Office 365 and SkyDrive to help me with my holiday planning. I can take digital notes with OneNote to keep track of gift ideas and purchases, cookie swap recipe ideas, shopping lists, and all of the other tasks associated with the holidays. Once I’ve saved those digital notes to the SkyDrive, I can access and update them anywhere, whether I’m using a PC, tablet or smartphone.
But before I jump into my gift shopping, I have to make it through Thanksgiving (or, this year in our family, Thanksgivukkah). Which means planning and executing a menu with my mother and sister.
That may sound simple, but it rarely is. In the past, we’ve done our planning over the phone or via e-mail. Which means things get overlooked, forgotten or ignored until the last minute. As you can guess, this always leads to arguments and frustration.
This year, I have created a menu plan in Excel. Each item is listed, along with ingredients, and assigned to a family member (easy to use filters allow you to see just those things assigned to you). Whether at home or on the go, we can all view and edit the spreadsheet as we plan, shop and cook.
Office 365 will definitely help us #GetItDone. Let’s just hope it can also help us #MaintainThePeace.
Enter the Microsoft Office Get It Done Contest on Facebook
Microsoft wants to know how you #GetItDone. You and a friend could win a trip to some of the most happening events anywhere. Get it done alongside the most accomplished athletes, filmmakers and musicians around. Visit http://bit.ly/GetItDoneContest to share and enter to win:
- A February trip to NYC, America’s most get it done city—with enough cash to buy tickets to the big football showdown, or catch your favorite Broadway show.
- A trip to Utah this January, where you can slap on your skis or get it done in between indie flicks in Park City.
- A March trip to Austin, where you’ll enjoy a boot-scootin’ week of living history, live music and interactive in the heart of Texas.
Enter Here to Win a One-Year Subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium
Win a one-year subscription to Office 365 Home Premium, and you will get the latest version of the apps you love for your PC (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access) as well as the Office Mobile apps that you need to get work done on the go (Word, Excel, Outlook and OneNote).
In addition to the all of the Office apps that you’ve used for years, Office 365 Home Premium offers:
- One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC.
- An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account.
- Automatic save to SkyDrive, so your documents — and even your personal settings — are always available from virtually anywhere and on your favorite devices.
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world
- Future upgrades (as long as you have an Office 365 Home Premium subscription, you will always be using the latest and most complete versions of all of the Office 365 apps)
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to the winner: Joe S.
Thank you to all who entered.