The holidays can get overwhelming with all of the shopping, wrapping, entertaining, and traveling. Toss in the baking and cooking, and things can get completely out of hand.
These Candy Cane Hershey Kiss Holiday Pretzel Treats can make your life much easier… and sweeter. They are very easy to make, so easy that you can even get your kids involved. (I like to give the kids the task of unwrapping all of the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses – that really is the hardest part.)
Here are just a few ways that this recipe can help you out during the holidays:
- They are an easy recipe for a cookie swap (assuming yours, like mine, accepts all homemade sweets – not just cookies).
- A tray of them at a holiday party serves as both a great dessert and a festive decoration.
- Fill a holiday treat bag or mason jar full of them, and you have a lovely homemade gift for friends or teachers.
- They travel well, so make a batch to take on that car or plane trip to grandma’s. Be sure to bring a few extras as a thank you for your host.
- Keep them in the cookie jar during the holidays to help you avoid overindulging. One treat is around 40 calories, so grab one of these instead of a chocolate chip cookie, and you will be sure to look stunning in your holiday dress.
- Small waffle-shaped pretzels
- Candy Cane Flavored Hershey Kisses
- Holiday M&Ms (red and green)
- Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Put pretzels in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kiss.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes, until the Kisses flatten out, but aren't running over the edges of the pretzels.
- Remove from the oven and quickly press a red or green M&M into the center of each Kiss.
- Allow them to cool, and then place in the fridge overnight to set.